Sunday, June 26, 2011

Antigua: historic colonial city for the Spanish

I have arrived in Guatemala safely. Already having a fantastic time and meeting so many new people. In fact I am getting ready to go out to dinner with a local I met. The people have been amazing, friendly and patient. For my Spanish needs a lot of work. I am currently in Antigua, which is a 45 minute drive from the capital Guatemala City. Tomorrow I am getting up very early to climb a volcanic mountain. On Tuesday I have setup an excursion to some blue lagoons and waterfalls.

I am going to try very hard to keep these posts short. I know I have a tendency to blabber on. I get excited what can I say. Anywho if you have any questions please holla back. Oh and videos will be up some other time. Gotta Run!




                                            Courtyard outside my room. Very nice hotel!




Merced Church (look at the detail!)




My students wouldn´t be surprised but I just had to sing along. I had to show them what a contestant on American Idol sounds like


Pretty cool picture



6 comments:

  1. Awesome experience! I am officially jealous. Do they use the different colored houses in the place of house numbers, as some folks did in Brazil?
    -Donika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, so glad your travel went smooth. Bucs lost in the 7th inning due to errors on SUNDAY. Have a wonderful day. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tim. So glad you arrived safe and sound. We've been thinking of you a whole lot. Looking forward to reading your posts. Love you, Jess and Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tim,
    Glad to hear that all went well with your travels. It sounds like you're already off to an amazing start with lots more adventure to come. I love the pictures, especially the multi colored houses. Can't wait to see the volcanic mountain.
    Love you.Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Donika! It is exactly like that, however compass points are added to the numbered streets and avenues indicating whether an address is north, south, east, west.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got there safely! Look out for the most beautiful Guatemalan woman you've ever seen.
    -Gall

    ReplyDelete