Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Home away from Home, Antigua

Well today is my last day in Central America. Probably forever for there are so many places to see in this world and I want to see as many as I possibly can. I am back in my home away from home, Antigua. I also am staying in my home away from home, La Posada Merced. The people in this hotel are amazing.

It was nice coming here yesterday morning and getting caught up on some sleep in a clean, warm bed. Something I no longer take for granted. I am flying out tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to being back home but I know after a couple of days I will miss traveling. I am staying here tonight and taking a shuttle early in the morning to Guatemala City. There was no way I was going to spend the night in Guatemala City after what I have read, heard and seen. No thanks!

I will write one last post when I get home and get my batteries recharged. There certainly have been certain themes from what I have experienced that stick out. However I need a day or two to reflect. I also will be adding my videos which I watched last night with great remembrance. Once again I have enjoyed these three weeks immensely. Guatemala is a land full of beauty and charm. However it is also a land full of injustice and disappointment. I will never forget the great memories that have been forged in this enchanting part of the world.

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you had such a fantastic time. I really, really enjoyed the pictures and reading your blogs. I cannot wait to hear and see more! Safe travels! Love you so much!!! Jess and Sadie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your trip has been a safe one Mr. Davis! Reading your blogs have been very insightful and please forgive me for not commenting sooner. I just figured out where the comment button was. xD
    Hope you get home safe and sound!
    ~Kira

    ReplyDelete