Friday, July 1, 2011

Semuc Champay

How do I describe this day? Today was one of the ten best days of my life. I am so amazed already at some of the activities I participated in. This area is simply one of the most beautiful places in the WORLD.

Amanda, Janie and our new friend Katie spent the day with our guides Johnny and Darwin exploring the wonders of Champay. Not only was the activities and scenery wonderful but we had a great time laughing throughout the course of the day. Good times.

Semuc Champay consists of freshwater lagoons and waterfalls that enchant the eyes. The clear blue water is one thing add to that waterfalls and the surrounding mountains and you have Eden on Earth. Our tour consisted of a somewhat strenuous hike to the lagoons, Climbing and swimming down the eight or so lagoons, seeing an amazing waterfall, tubing down the river, jumping off the bridge into the river and exploring underwater caves full of water, labryinths, and waterfalls. An amazing day almost destroyed due to one of the guys at our hostel jumping off a huge cliff and almost dying. He lost consciousness and was saved by one of his buddies. A very eventful day to say the least. Completed with more dancing and socializing. A sample size of people I met the last two days. English, Australian, Swiss, Spanish, obviously Guatemalan, and of course Americans. The trip is thus far exceeding my expectations and I haven't even met up with Cheryl and Samantha.



                                          Let's go for a hike, what do you say?
                                          I like hikes in primary forests
                                           I like hikes even better when I get to see MONKEYS!
                             Oh, how I wanted to climb the tree with my friend and jump from tree to tree. I know I have issues, I'll get that checked out eventually.


                                   What are you and where did you come from?



Uh yeah, some guy that needs to shave and get in better shape.


                              The lagoons are waiting and I am ready to jump in








                                         The guys who jumped off the huge cliff and almost had a disastrous result. They had to wait for help because they were stuck on a rock that preceded the fast and dangerous rapids.






                             My new friends and the adorable children near the lodge.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics brother! Heading to see the Bucs versus The Nationals tonight. Glad you're having fun.
    -Gall

    ReplyDelete